Saturday, January 03, 2009

Editorials and Opinions

It has been some time since fundaes have been flowing from my side. But I thought that I should let people know about this nice site that I came across that would help both CAT aspirants and those preparing for GD. I have always said that the key for GD prep and to crack English section in CAT is to read good stuff regularly. Specially all the editorials of good newspapers.

http://www.epapertoday.com/ aggregates news from various sites across the world. The section that I would recommend is the "Opinion" section. It contains Editorials and Op-eds of all key newspapers that you would want to read on the net, updated throughout the day. The best thing is that it aggregates opinions not just from the obvious ones like NY Times, Washington Post and The Hindu, but also from Khaleej Times (Middle East), The Frontier Post and other Pakistani newspapers, the conservative Washington Times, the taboidish Times of India and other leading newspapers from different corners of the world. This helps you in forming a well rounded opinion on various subjects. You get to see all sides of the stories (Read editorials on Mumbai massacre in the Pakistan newspapers to see what I am saying). Understanding of such perspectives before forming your own opinion is key to your success in GD. And of course, the quality of language used by the best columists helps improve one's English.

So now you have no reason for not reading editorials daily. And at Epapertoday you can also save the editorials/news you like, for future reference. Better still, you can share the ones that you like with your friends and also vote so that others can benifit from 'your opinion' on the opinions.
And of course, apart from the editorials there is news from everywhere including Al-Jazeera to be read. They also aggregate Regional Language newspapers, a first time that someone seems to have done it. And no fonts to be downloaded too. They dont seem to be having editorials in regional languages though, which would have been good. Hope it will come sometime.

Happy reading.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Gyanee

Never got to thank you for your help in GD prep. I was away in an onsite location at that time and no way to access GD help, until voila, I hit your blog. I did convert my IIM calls and currently in final semester in IIMB.
Thanks much
b2b :)

11:30 AM, January 18, 2009  
Blogger Namrata Rani said...

hi ,
I go thru d case studies givn by u last yr n find them really helpful.i have not joind any coaching 4 GDs.
I wud request u 2 start some more Gds for this year as d issues have changed.
thank u
namrata

10:58 AM, January 20, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey B2B,

Great to hear that. Hope things are going great and the placements will be fine in these tough times.

Namrata,
If you can form a group of people who can participate on a regular basis, I can put in some time on this. I have been very busy with too many things and I have not been able to do it this year. But if there is enough demand, I shall pitch in with some time.

11:38 PM, February 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long time no see gyanee ji .....
Please come back and help students

Rajiv

11:56 AM, April 01, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home