Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Lets run the last laps harder

Hey guys,

Noting that many of you have your GD and PI this month, and that some have finished, I am thinking of closing the GD topic sessions after another two topics. And I want to choose topics in areas that you want me to cover. Let me know in the comments section as to what you want and that’s what you will have.

Till now, we have had wonderful sessions. If you track all the GDs from the beginning, you would clearly see that the group has improved a lot. Thanks to the active participation and enthusiasm of many regulars. I will try and compile my personal comments for the regulars so that it may help in the GD.

And since we have not concentrated on PI till now, lets do some work in that area. There are two ways I want to take it.
1. Send me your answers for the usual questions and I shall edit it for you. Questions like ‘tell me something about yourself’ etc. You can send it to gmail ID if you don’t want to reveal about yourself :) For the other regular questions click here
2. Send me your background and I shall send you a set of possible questions that may arise. E.g., if you have worked in a CMM company for 3 years, you may get questions as to ‘why processes are important?’ or ‘does too much emphasis on process undermine creativity?’ etc. Same as above, you can send it to me on Gmail or put it in comments.

Also for those who are in Bangalore and want to have personal PI sessions, we can meet this Saturday between 11 AM to 1 PM. I guess only 3 or 4 people can be accommodated, so it would be more of first come first serve. Only issue is that we will not be able to have it at home this time. So you will have to treat me to a coffee in coffee day/Barista/Coffee world and the location has to be close to Koramangala. Anyway drop a comment if you are interested.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi gyan-ee,

If we could have a discussion on these topics a bit:

1)The oil run, the involvement of the middle-east, & the politics therein.

2)India Pak conflict, the current stalemate.

3)Trade agreements, & how effective they are.

Probably some of these have been covered partially in the previous discussions, but an indepth analysis would be great.

Aparna

5:42 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Sumit Khandelwal said...

Hi Gyanee,

Thanks for your valuable ingredients.

Thought most of us must be knowing what should be a proper description of oneself, it would be apt if you could give us the brief list of parameters that is expected by an interviewer to be a proper answer to the most obvious question.

This would easen your task even for else a lot of correction might be needed at your end trying to polish tha answer of each of us.

Apart from this I am an Electronics Engg and prsently working in a software company,a CMM level5 and a BS7799 certified company in Mumbai. Could you pour in some of the questions that I can expect.

Thanks for all your help till now.

5:58 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi gyanee

I would like to treat you for a coffee , and have my PI . I live in BTM only . My phone number is 9900179899 or you can mail me regarding the interview location and what all information do i need to send you before coming for interview ....and do i need to be in formals? :)

my email id is achalarora@yahoo.co.in

6:51 AM, February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ,
Even I would like to go for PI. Me too ready for treat :).

1:02 AM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger Arjun said...

Dileep/Achal,

Wow. I am going to get high on caffeine on saturday then. Lets keep it at 11 AM saturday at Coffeeworld, Koramangala (Opposite Sukh Sagar). It is a peaceful and spacious place and will be ideal.

I will be there sharp 11. So be there dot on time

2:51 AM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger Arjun said...

Aparna,

I have picked the India/Pakistan issue for today's topic. If we cannot cover all, I will try and come up with a new way to address all points and issues that people want to discuss.

For now, go for the kill on the latest topic

2:56 AM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger Arjun said...

Hey Sumit,

I have discussed in detail on this question in my previous post. You can Click herefor that. If you still have queries, I will try and make another attempt.

Some questions based on your background
1. What is your favourite subject at college. You may get some basic questions on that.
2. Why shud a company go for CMM level 5. And what does it mean
3. What shud the Govt do to address farmer issues in Vidharba
4. Is mumbai overcrowded. What can the Govt do
5. What is the current project you are working on. (Be prepared for questions related to both domain and the technology used)
6. If you dont get into an MBA, where do you see yourself 5 years down the line

Note that some questions may come to you from academics and you may not remember it. Get out of such uncomfortable areas, with a polite No ('its been too long and I seem to have forgotten' etc). If they insist, say let me give it a try and think and answer.

3:22 AM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger Arjun said...

Achal/Sumit,

Could you please bring your respective forms filled (for whichever institute it may be) so that I have your background. Also most of the questions come from the sheet that you fill up.

3:23 AM, February 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home